Gabi and I would like to share some bitter sweet news with you all. Since starting our Greyhound Luxury Retreat home boarding it has become clear that I want to work full time with animals. We have been in discussions with the council regarding building a luxury kennels and they have been very positive. This obviously is going to require some funding which brings me onto our recent news. Gabi has been offered a position at her head office in Indianapolis which she has accepted and I’m so very proud of her. Along with my job (which I will do from the US) our 2-3 year stint will allow us to return to build the kennels. We are likely to be leaving in time for Christmas. Like I said, it’s bitter sweet for us and we would like to thank everyone who has been so supportive of our new venture. We have loved every minute of taking care of your gorgeous hounds which is why we are doing this so we can continue to provide even more hounds, a home away from home. All bookings that we have in place will be before Christmas will of course be fulfilled by us as normal. Mike, Gabi and the Crew
Hello! Mike and Gabi here :) Being the very proud owners of four gorgeous greyhounds ourselves, we know and love this breed A LOT. Greyhounds, as you well know, are not your typical dog and have very particular needs. We have searched far and wide within Essex and Suffolk for a place that caters for the needs of greyhounds - a space to stretch their legs with high fencing, a space to sleep comfortably as they do at home, a space where they can play, wander and laze about (and we all know how much they like to do that!) and most importantly, a place run by people that understand greyhounds. SO we decided to offer this service ourselves. Please look at our pictures and videos, feel free to reach out and ask any questions you might have. We want your greyhounds to feel at home in our home while you get a chance to go out for dinner, attend a party, go on a holiday or even just chill out at home while your babies are in good hands. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!
Being the very proud owners of four gorgeous greyhounds ourselves, we know and love this breed A LOT.
Three separate doggy rooms to play (or sleep) in.
We have Three Luxury doggy rooms for you Greyhounds to stay and play while you are on holiday!
Treat you Greyhounds to some Luxury while you are away
Spacious garden and one acre of enclosed field for play time.
Check out our Facebook page for the latest pictures and videos of our gorgeous greyhound guests. Feel free to reach out and ask any questions you might have.
First dog £22 per night.
Each additional dog from the same family is £20 per night.
Drop off and pick up times are between 8am – 9am
1. You will present the dog for boarding in a clean and groomed condition and with up to date vaccinations, de-flea and anti-worming treatments.
2. You will need to supply the necessary dog food for the duration of the stay. If you would like GLR to provide food, you agree to pay the additional cost.
3. You agree that if you instruct GLR to exercise your dog off the lead you accept full liability for any loss or damage caused as a result of your dog being off the lead. In the event that your dog attacks a person or a dog or in the event that he/she is involved in a fight with another dog/person causing any damage or injury you agree to be responsible for any losses incurred including payment of veterinary fees or any medical treatment required.
4. We are unable to accept bookings for a dog subject to the terms of the Dangerous Dogs Act 1991 or any other dogs with aggression problems towards other dogs and/or people.
5. Reasonable efforts will be made to contact you in the event of an emergency. However, GLR reserves the right to make decisions regarding your dog’s health provided it is at all times acting in the best interests of the dog and on the advice of a veterinary surgeon. If your dog becomes unwell, has an accident or injures himself/herself or seems to be in any type of pain, we might need to take him/her to a veterinary surgeon and you agree to be responsible for payment of all the veterinarian fees incurred.
6. You undertake to make full disclosure of any quality or characteristic which might make your dog not suitable for home boarding, including, but not limited to behavioural or health problems, anti-social behaviour including aggression, incontinence/lack of housetraining or excessive loud barking/whining. Failure on your part to disclose any matter which might render the dog unsuitable for home boarding will be deemed a material omission amounting to a fundamental breach of this agreement. You will also be liable for additional costs if GLR experiences difficulties due to failure to disclose in the booking form any matter that would be accepted as reasonably unsuitable for home boarding.
7. Your booking can only be confirmed when the signed booking form has been received.
8. If you cancel within 10 days of your booking, you will need to pay 50% of the total cost.
9. If GLR is unable to fulfil a booking, we will use all reasonable endeavours to arrange an introduction to another suitable boarding service. If we are not able to recommend an alternative boarding service, we will refund your booking deposit.
10. In the event of an animal not being collected within 14 days of the departure date, we will try to trace / communicate with the owner / contact before proceeding with legal action.
Greyhound Luxury Retreat - Home Boarding
Wenham Lane, Colchester, CO7 6, United Kingdom